Skip to main content

HOW I LEARNT ABOUT LEAN LEGS (BACK STORY)

 I love to express my thoughts in any way I find convenient at the time. (well that is a weird way to start lol)

My story with learning about lean legs and slimming down your legs started in  January 2020 after realizing I had bulked up and that was why my legs could not get smaller after all the workouts I did.



If you have not read about my bulking up story read that first here.

Since it was something very close to my heart and something that really bothered me. I set up to know everything I could about bulking up and why my legs kept getting bigger.

First up I did tones of research about body types and body shapes; things like are all ectomorphs rectangles? or are all mesomorphs pears? Hourglasses all this things.

What I realized and have learnt is that different body types react differently to  different workouts. For instance an Endomorph who does loads of HIIT will most likely bulk up while an Ectomorph who still does the same amount of HIIT will not likely bulk up.

I have discussed that in depths in my other posts and my YouTube videos as well.

The second thing I really set up to learn is diet. Please note that I am self taught(a story for another day). To be honest I am still learning about diet am not yet there. But again I have to bring up the issue of body types. Ecto's will not have the same macros as Endo's or Meso's.

Something really fun I have discovered is that when you want to lose fat you have to have fat in your body and for you to have fat in you have to get fat in your diet. That is a lot of fat in one sentence. Here's the thing! you want to take your body to the fat burning zone(this is where the body uses fat for energy in place of carbs).Healthy fat options include avocado, nuts, fish and so on.

Second interesting thing I have learnt and still learning is that try to get carbs from fruits and vegetables. Whatt!! That's right. Think of a banana. When it is unripe it is a carbohydrate and when ripe its a vitamin. That just goes to show you that fruits have carbs in them. However, fruits tend to be rich in sugar and we try to maintain a gluten free, sugar free and dairy free lifestyle.(I should say still trying).

So I would try lean on more towards the vegetables as my source of carbs compared to fruits.

So, I think I have shared some back story on what I am learning and what I have learnt on this subject and I look forward to creating my own program and quiz to continue helping women and girls workout in the right way to avoid bulking up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 DAYS FREE WORKOUT CHALLENGE TO SLIM DOWN YOUR LEGS

A big thank you for choosing to try this 7-day workout challenge to slim down your legs. Can't promise it will be easy but it will be fun and I hope you get to see some results. -This program is an example of what is in the 4 week Getting Toned and Lean workout program and diet plan so if you love this be sure to grab the entire program  Here  later. Okay, let's start, MONDAY                               Morning(walk) Try to aim for around 5000 steps today. Best time to walk is early in the morning before having any food. (fasted cardio) You can walk at any time of the day if you cannot do it all in the morning. You can try splitting it so you do it in the morning, afternoon, and evening. You Can use a Pedometer to track steps.                                             Afternoon (workout) 10 Min Inner Thigh Blast Challenge. Do not underestimate it yet! It really burns It is a good lower body toning workout without adding excess bulk and really focuses mainly on the inner

MESOMORPHS LEAN LEGS WORKOUT GUIDELINES.

Rachael Attard Lean Legs program for mesomorphs- In a nutshell. Mesomorphs are one of the three types of bodies.            Some  characteristics Of Mesomorphs They are well built and have an athletic figure.  They show some muscle definition.  They gain weight easily They also at times can lose weight quickly too. By the way, I have prepared a one-week workout program that will help you slim down your legs easily,you can check it out  Here               *Still not sure about your body type, find out now by  Clicking Here That been said, the Racheal Attard program for mesomorphs recommends 3 things; 1. HIIT  (3 times a week) 2. Resistance Training ( 3 times a week) 3. Low carb diet high in protein. 4. Power Walking (5 times a week)                    Let's get into the details CARDIO. Rachael Attard recommends POWER WALKING as the best form of cardio for mesomorphs. This is because walking burns so much fat without causing bulk. Power walking is basically walking for 45+ minutes

WORKOUTS THAT CAN BULK UP

I must start by saying that there is no workout that can be regarded as a 'bad' workout and you should avoid it because it will bulk you up. It all depends on how much you keep doing it and what muscles are mostly used. In today's blog post, let's talk about the kind of workouts that when overdone are likely to add muscle. Squats Lunges High Knees Traditional HIIT(that which includes loads of jumping) Running up a hill Using the elliptical and stair master Lifting heavy weights Jumping rope To know exactly how they add bulk please read this post  here A lot of the above workouts focus so much on the quads and hamstrings. They will probably overwork these muscles leading them to grow bigger. Maybe too much than your liking.  The key here is not to avoid them but to do them in moderation. If you do a squat as a warmup. Then that is probably not a big problem. If you do HIIT twice a week, that is also acceptable. Want to know which workouts will not bulk you up. Click Here